Friday, December 21, 2012

Finish Friday - Andrea - Knitted Sweater

Just barely getting this in on Friday in Idaho!  No new submissions for this week, so you get another one of my finishes!  This isn't technically a Holiday item, because it was a birthday gift for my daughter's 10th birthday.  But her birthday happens to be in December, so it's close enough.

This fall she asked me to make some legwarmers for her friend's birthday, and when she was looking through my stash for the perfect yarn color, she fell in love with this jade green (Pagoda, Caron's Simply Soft).  I immediately knew I wanted to make something for her with it.

So I found instructions for this top-down raglan - it's custom-fit, so it requires a bit of math the first time you make something.  I bought another skein of the jade, and decided to add some white stripes to make sure I'd have enough and here it is:

This picture was taken at night, plus she's decided she doesn't like having her picture taken, so there was some wrestling involved to get this shot!  This is the first garment I've knitted, and I'm really pleased with the result.  You can't see the bottom, but the striping repeats in the ribbing.  I'm planning to use the instructions to make a sweater set for myself for work.

I had just a little bit of jade left over, so I decided to crochet a beret for her as well.  She pulls it down like a ski hat, because she's 10.  But she loves the sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Your comments are welcome. Comments are moderated, so no spam please. Comments with links will probably be removed at blog author's discretion. If you want to have your Finish featured, please submit a request on the Get Featured! page - requests for a feature left in the comments will be ignored.

Thanks!